What Is Laser Heat Treat?
Laser heat treating utilizes a laser to treat steel and ductile iron materials. Similar to case hardening, it offers high hardness at a shallow depth, with the advantage of being localized to the exact area of need. The finer grain structure that results from laser heat treating (versus induction or case hardening) reduces cracking, while the low heat affected zone minimizes distortion.
Laser Heat Treat Benefits.
- Localized high hardness levels, before or after austemper
- Significantly minimizes distortion and cracking
- Allows for flexibility in base material grades
Please contact us if you’d like more information on our laser heat treat technology, including:
- How this technology can benefit your products
- Hosting or attending a training session on laser enhancing technology
- Requests for quote or information
Laser heat treating benefits several products, including:
- High-fatigue components
- Products with isolated wear patterns
- Parts prone to cracking
- Part-to-part sliding wear